Ross Hill Public School Header
  Thanks for Choosing Ross Hill!

To apply to enrol
If your son or daughter is currently enrolled in a NSW public school, contact us to discuss the enrolment procedures and obtain the necessary paperwork.

Alternatively, complete an application to enrol in a NSW public school form and return it to the school. We will notify you of the result of your application.

In addition, if your child has a temporary visa or visitor visa you will need to apply to enrol by contacting the temporary residents program.

Enrolment appointments
If you have an enrolment appointment you will need to bring these documents with you to your appointment.

  • your child's birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of student's address - originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
  • immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

Is Your Child Entering Kindergarten?

Go to our kindergarten Enrolment page for lots of information about Ross Hill specific to kindergarten parents.

If your child is not a permanent resident, you will also need to provide:

  • passport or travel documents
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable)

Student with an apple for her teacher...If your child has special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, it's important that you tell the principal about these before your child starts school.

If you wish you can find more information online at www.schools.nsw.edu.au. (Click "Going to a public school" and then "How to enrol in a public school".) Especially see: "Information for Parents".


Your application will be considered by the school principal to ensure that your child's needs have been identified and assessed. In most cases this process will be completed very quickly. In some circumstances, it will be necessary for the school to gather further information prior to finalising their decision. You can assist by ensuring the information on your application form is accurate and complete.

You will be notified by the school of the result of your application.

To enrol your child / children at Ross Hill Public School, please phone or email the school for information or a suitable appointment time.

School A to Z
A resource that the Department has established to help parents ... with ... nearly everything...



  Quick Links

Our Home page

DET Enrolment Form.pdf Use this form to enrol in our school

DET Enrollment Form


Kindy Parent?

Thinking about Kindergarten at Ross Hill? See our Kindy pages

And our Current Kindergarten Blog



| Andrew Street, Inverell, NSW, Australia | Ph: 02 6722 2475 | Fax: 02 6722 5806 | Site Map |

NSW Department of Education and Training